Thursday, 13 November 2014
Monday, 10 November 2014
Description: We read the poem “My Remarkable Journey” which inspired us to write our own remarkable journeys about why our homework wasn’t at school today.
They chase me around like I'm their escaped prey so I jump over the fence like a kangaroo. I see the crocs in my nabors pool. O no I hear the lions tearing down the fence. One word goes though my head. That word is RUN. I run and run to Jaidens. I yell help help trolls raided my house and there were lions in my back yard. Boom boom! I yelled the trolls shot my homework and that's the reason why my home isn't here today.
We decided that a quality piece of writing has the following things. Reflect on whether these things are in your story:
Introduction: It hooks the reader in the first few lines making them want to read more?👌
Short sentences: Do you create suspense by using these in your writing?👌
Onomatopoeia: Are these in your writing to create impact?👎
Alliteration: Are these in your writing to create impact?👌
Similes/Metaphors: Are these in your writing to create impact?👍
1. What do you think is the best part of your story? The first two lines because they hook the reader
2. What was the hardest part about completing this portfolio sample? Publishshing the writing because I took me ages.
3. Next time, what is a goal you can work towards? Publishing it quicker because it took me ages.
Feedback/Feedforward: I love the descriptive words you used. Next time you could work on using thing like onomatopoeia alliteration etc. Josiah
Thursday, 30 October 2014
Wednesday, 29 October 2014
Wednesday, 17 September 2014
Wednesday, 10 September 2014
Police say the driver lost control and the truck swerved off the highway onto the grass and tipped onto its side. Both the driver and the other person in the truck received cuts and bruises and possibly neck and back injuries.
The money was in clear plastic bags and canvas duffel bags and the scene of the accident was soon swarming with passersby but police are unsure whether any money was taken.
Description: We have been reading articles from around the world about peculiar news
1. Who is the main person or group of people in this news article?The truck the police and firetruck.
2. What was the key event from the news article?The key event was that a money truck crashed.
4. When did this event take place?This event took place on the 2 september 2014.
5. Why did this event happen? The event happened because the driver lost control.
1. What do you think is the best part of the article? The best part of the article was that people tryed stealing the money but they showed integrity by not stealing it.
2. What was the hardest part about completing this portfolio sample? The hardist part was that it all deleted TWICE
3. Next time, what is a goal you can work towards? Next time i can work towards getting it finished faster.
Feedback/Feedforward: nice one Lachlan. I like how you ansered the questions in full sentences. You should answer your questions with capital letters
Sunday, 7 September 2014
Wednesday, 27 August 2014
Wednesday, 20 August 2014
Thursday, 7 August 2014
- What are you most proud of and why? I'm most proud of the font because it suits the message.
- What challenged you the most and why? getting the poster on my blog because Marakis in northern cluster
- Next time, what is a goal you can work towards? Composition because my poster isn't really balanced.
Sunday, 27 July 2014
Wednesday, 2 July 2014
Thursday, 26 June 2014
Wednesday, 25 June 2014
Tuesday, 24 June 2014
Tuesday, 17 June 2014
Tuesday, 10 June 2014
Feedback/feedforward: It was very clear and you got your point though and you could make it a bit louder.
Wednesday, 4 June 2014
WALT: Rote Learn
Task: use Mnemonics to help us learn our spelling words
Purpose: We have been working on Mnemonics to learn our spelling words.
Process: We had to use Mnemonics to help us learn our spelling words. We had an example then we went away and had ago our selves.
Learning: I learn how to make mnemonics. You make them by using a word then making a a sentence with the letters in the word at the start of each word.
Feedback/feed forward : You did well at your Mnemonics. You could of made them with a bit more sence
Monday, 2 June 2014
In Troy's maths groups 10 and 11 have been using known facts to find unknown facts.
We are doing this so we can work out hard questions
We learnt to use known facts to find unknown facts by doing easy problems first until we got it.
I learnt how to use known facts to find unknown facts.
I reckon I have been doing this really well because I can easily work out my 12 timetables by using my 11 timetables but I reckon I could do bigger problems.
Feedback/forward I reckon you did well at the description because you added detail. I reckon you could of explain the task a bit better #Jaiden
Wednesday, 21 May 2014
Wednesday, 14 May 2014
Tuesday, 13 May 2014
Thursday, 8 May 2014
Wednesday, 9 April 2014
Monday, 7 April 2014
Sunday, 6 April 2014
Thursday, 3 April 2014
Descriptive vocabulary (words that help to SHOW the reader)
use a range of verbs
use a variety of adverbs
Language features (phrases that help paint a picture)
select 2 - 3 similes
select 2 - 3 metaphors or personification
choose onomatopoeia to show sounds (crash!)
select words that start with the same sound (alliteration)
use short sentences to create suspense
use 2-5 paragraphs.
Sunday, 30 March 2014
Thursday, 27 March 2014
Wednesday, 26 March 2014
Monday, 24 March 2014
Air rifle Data:44,41,33
My difference in range is 44 and 33
My median number is 41
My mean is about 39
My groups mean number is almost 36